I’ve been thinking a lot about value this week and wanted to share a breakthrough I made during EFT tapping this morning.
Why? Because value is the currency that makes the world go round.
Most of us think it’s money – I’ve been caught in that trap for a while, but money doesn’t account for how we feel about love, time, and experiences.
Value simply defined (thanks Google!) is “the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something”.
That means a relationship can be valued just like a TV can be. The difference is – one we can monetize; the other is priceless.
So when it comes to measuring the value of your work – the true worth of the services you provide – it can get a bit sticky.
For example, this week a client from 2 years ago shared that he just realized he’s been implementing all the areas of growth we identified during coaching in 2014. His life is radically changed – and now deeply reflects his soul’s desires – and our work helped give a framework and consciousness for that transformation.
But here’s the rub:
He paid me two years ago for a process that’s just now bearing obvious fruit. Of course, he got some results & clarity at the time of our sessions together, but the true value of the work unfolded much later.
How do you price something like that? It’s a shift in consciousness, awakening of your purpose, and transformation in your soul.
There is no clear deliverable.
What is the price tag for forever altering someone’s confidence, awareness, and life, especially in ways that manifest years later?
If you’re a coach or healer, then you’ve most likely wrestled with these questions too.
You might even wish you were in a different line of work, because it can feel so much easier to sell a service with immediate delivery. Something seemingly simple like copywriting, web design, or legal services.
To be honest, that’s why I’ve spent so much of the past three years focusing on helping people get clear on their purpose, business message, and ideal audience. I’ve been trying to package my work into a tangible result that my clients could immediately grasp and that I could easily price.
But I’ve realized the urgency of that desire – the need for immediate results, robs my work of it’s true worth and value: the deep and life-changing awakening of your soul.
Now I’m ready to claim it’s value for what it is.
But how do you do that in a “softer” business?
Here’s what I discovered during EFT tapping today…
The true value of my work is two-fold:
1) I hold open space for people to realize their own soul’s desires and truth. Unlike other coaches, I’m not trying to fit you into a model or method for success. I’m using a system to help you connect deeply with your own vision of a fulfilling life and then learn to trust your intuition & have the confidence to follow it.
2) I ignite radical change. The success of our work – meaning the satisfaction and tangible results you’ll see in your income, relationships, and self-esteem – depends on your willingness to embrace new beliefs about yourself and your real work in the world. These aren’t tiny shifts. I invite you to embrace your purpose as THE most important and unifying cause in your life. It sounds easy but in practice it calls for immense courage and radical faith. That’s why I named my business The Free & The Brave. This path is for the bold.
I can hear you thinking – “That’s great Alexis, but I still don’t get how this translate to tangible value you can price and sell”.
What people really value isn’t what you might think it is.
It’s not the next step, clarity, or even more money.
People value feeling good.
People want to be soothed.
We want to be seen, heard, and understood. We want to be supported during our growth and during our total messy times.
We want to be held to our highest standards and witnessed for our deepest beauty.
Above all else, we want to be reflected back the brilliance of our potential and forgiven for our failings that we’re not there yet.
It doesn’t matter if you sell sneakers or soul-coaching. People want to feel valued in order to be able to value you.
If you can provide that – a safe space to truly honor another human being in all their imperfect & perfect humanness – then you gift the world value beyond measure.
Own it. Charge for it. Give it with unrestrained abandon.
The world needs you now more than ever.
And if you don’t know, trust, or believe in your work’s worth, then join Marie Houlden and I starting next week. Combining radical truth coaching with the healing power of EFT tapping, you’ll be guided to claim your true value in the world and supported as you boldly live your purpose in both business and life.
Learn more HERE.
Be free. Be brave. Be YOU!
- What to do when you start slipping on your goals - January 9, 2019
- “But it’s not safe to be me…” 3 approaches to the fear of not being safe - January 7, 2019
- 3 tangible gifts of living your truth - January 5, 2019