Neti is an ancient yogic practice that works to clean out your sinuses, relieve allergies and prevent colds. It’s an absolute MUST if you have school-age kids or work in an environment with stale, stuffy air.
I used my neti pot daily for two years and now use it throughout the Fall and whenever I feel the need.
If you have sinus problems, allergies or frequent colds, it’s worth trying nasal cleansing for 4-6 weeks to see if your symptoms improve. I personally know life-long Claritin and pseudoephedrine users who’ve completely cleared up their allergies now that they neti pot daily.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Two minutes first thing in the morning
– 1/2 – 1 cup boiled water (distilled)
– 1/2 – 1 cup cool water (distilled)
– 1/4 teaspoon fine grain, non-iodinized salt. Sea salt, kosher salt or pharmaceutical salt.
– A pot with a pour spout
– A sink or grassy area
You can also buy a neti pot kit with the pot and pure salt on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/1u4m51f (aff. link)
Check out the video below for all the details and the practice.
As a reminder, I’m not a medical professional. Please consult your doctor before trying any practice, especially if you use medications or have health concerns.
Latest posts by Alexis (see all)
- Felt Bad For Years? This Is What You’re Missing - April 27, 2017
- What to do when you want to blame others (or money) for your life - April 3, 2017
- Free Masterclass: 3 Steps to Living Your Calling & #BecomingYou - March 31, 2017